Accounting Steward (Staff Accountant)
Opolis, Inc. (www.opolis.co) is building the next-generation employment cooperative offering payroll, employment benefits, and membership perks to independent workers. We have designed the Opolis Employment Commons for a Web3 future based on stakeholder capitalism, where every member is also a digital owner and thus aligned and incentivized toward a shared purpose. Welcome to the Employment Commons!
- GL Accounting for multiple consolidating entities
○ Daily tasks primarily focus on cash, payables, accruals, and expenses. You will help build and maintain
schedules, reconcile accounts for month-end close, and perform bank reconciliations.
- Financial reporting & analysis
○ Assist with timely month, quarter, and year-end close procedures.
○ Assist with the preparation, analysis, and presentation of consolidated financial statements.
○ Work to build an understanding of business operations in order to anticipate financial statement trends. The
ability to elevate anticipated financial issues or propose ideas as appropriate is a target for this role.
- Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
○ Maintain AP records by receiving, organizing, coding, and entering all invoices timely.
○ Process accounts payable transactions in crypto and fiat, including handling expense reports and company
credit card programs.
○ Manage customer billings and collections
- Payroll and Compliance Support
○ Maintain and reconcile payroll tax records and state licenses, remit payments, and file returns timely.
○ Assist with benefit plans, regulatory compliance, and insurance-related projects
- Financial Automation & process improvements
○ Assist with new tech implementations, building accounting software integrations, and streamlining existing
● BS/BBA Accounting or related field, or additional related work experience
● 1-3 years of relevant work experience
● Unimpeachable integrity and commitment to confidentiality
● Familiarity with US GAAP and basic accounting principles
● Passion for the “future of work” and commitment to the Web3 ethos
● Self-motivated and comfortable working with remote-first teams
● Willingness to travel to sunny Denver, CO at least bi-annually
Helpful but NOT required:
● Microsoft Dynamics
● Willingness to build advanced excel skills
● Payroll experience
● Basic facility with cryptocurrency and blockchain
Innovative thinking: Always question our approach to day-to-day and long-term tasks in search of more efficient, sustainable, cutting-edge solutions. Desire to build and innovate beyond legacy thinking. Big thinkers should apply.
Data nerd: A love for numbers and a comprehensive understanding of GAAP accounting. Simplicity & Efficiency minded: Less is often more. Simplify, simplify, simplify. We want people who can automate themselves out of a job. This is how you get promoted at Opolis.
Tech-savvy: Ability to perform intermediate excel functions (xlookup, pivot table, macros); work remotely effectively using tools like Discord, Notion, Zoom, and cloud-based Accounting software.
Entrepreneurial mindset: Entrepreneurial approach to problems and time management. Desire to work autonomously and figure things out without substantial training or guidance. The ideal candidate will possess a “can-do” attitude and a “will-do” work ethic. We will not micro-manage.