Chief Marketing Officer
Organization: Opolis Employment Commons
Categories: Technology, Blockchain, Web3, Human Resources Tech (HR Tech)
Level: Executive Steward
Role: Executive Steward, Marketing (Chief Marketing Officer / CMO)
The Opolis Employment Commons is a Digital Employment Cooperative offering payroll, benefits, and shared services to independent workers (currently in the US and expanding internationally).
Employee Members have access to high quality, low-cost group healthcare insurance, supplemental employment benefits, full-service payroll, compliance, and more to simplify independent life.
Members are also “owners” of the Commons and are awarded with $WORK Rewards, a patronage token, for community growth milestones. With incentives aligned for all stakeholders, Opolis is a sustainable public utility infrastructure for the future of work.
Learn more at Opolis.co.
Opolis seeks a proven Marketing Executive (We call the role Executive Steward but a CMO in typical taxonomy) to plan, develop, build, implement, execute, and evaluate performance on all brand, marketing and Member scaling efforts. As the senior marketing leader, this individual will report to Opolis Chief Executive Steward (CEO) and present to the Board of Stewards (Board of Directors) on strategic issues.
Primary objectives for the role are:
- Creation of strategic plan in conjunction with Chief Executive Steward
- Set brand and marketing goals and objectives and KPI’s. Track and report on results to senior leadership.
- Design, hire and lead a high performing brand/marketing team, develop team members for roles of increasing responsibility as we scale.
- Meet or exceed planned objectives within budget
- Create Opolis’ brand voice and ensure consistent, compelling usage across all internal and external operating, product and customer communications
- Lead market research/analytics and persona development.
- Lead creative strategy and execution of brand, Member acquisition, activation and retention initiatives for both our Partnership and B2C growth initiatives.
- Create and lead a culture of continuous improvement and optimization across multiple marketing channels and tactics. These will include, but not be limited to: digital branding and advertising, text/email/social marketing, content marketing, SEO and PR.
- Identify, negotiate and manage relationships with strategic vendors
- Partner with peers in the Opolis leadership and key partners to drive organizational growth, success and a high performance culture consistent with our company mission, vision and values.
The individual for this role is:
- Inspired by the Opolis mission and vision and skilled in communicating that passion inside and outside the organization.
- A purpose- and customer-driven leader passionate about creating world-class marketing experiences
- a master storyteller, passionate about blazing new trails in content, brand and voice
- a sought-after marketing leader and manager, known for developing teammates professionally. Able to successfully collaborate, lead, manage and execute while working in a remote-first team environment
- A self-starter with a passion to win, an analytic mindset and driven by creating business value
- a proven catalyst of success in previous leadership roles in consumer technology, Web3/blockchain technology, emerging technology, professional services technology, or progressive Human Resources technology products
- an expert in designing, planning, implementing, executing, and scaling growth strategies for early stage companies
- a hands on leader with a “less is more”, continuous experimentation mindset
- personal experienced with the latest marketing software and tools and excited to be tactically involved with their team. Able to adapt to a rapidly evolving technology and product landscape.
- experienced in memes, etymology, semiotics, and embedded meanings
- nimble, innovative, creative, and humble
We care more about a proven track record in relevant environments, ethos alignment, and creative expression more than academic credentials.
Interested in Joining the Future of Work? Passionate about supporting the Independent Worker? Apply HERE. (this link will be live once description is finalized)