Opolis Tech Lead
The future of work is moving back to the freelancers or “Solopreneur” and the current infrastructure of corporate-based employment does not support this truth. As a next-generation employment ecosystem, the Opolis Employment Commons is a cooperative where freelancers, creatives, consultants and gig workers can come together to access payroll, benefits, & shared services which make work life a lot more manageable. Read more at Opolis.co.
Opolis, a Digital Employment Cooperative, is looking for someone to lead our amazing technology team. The ideal candidate has a proven history of leading a growing small development team in a startup environment. Excellent communication skills and team-player approach are also a key to success at our stage.
We’re looking for someone who has real experience leading the development of complex applications and ensuring their team delivers high-quality code while consistently meeting deadlines. The ideal candidate is able to play the roles of part technical product manager, part QA engineer, part scrum master, and part application architect. This person can not only lead a developer team, but can also jump into the tech stack to directly contribute to the code when needed.
Your primary objective will be working with the Head of Product and our development team to make sure new features are and bug fixes are scoped properly and shipped on-time after a strong QA/QC process to meet the goal of the business. We are also looking for someone excited and motivated to learn about Web3 and the Future of Work. This is an opportunity to flex your technology leadership skills, work with and grow an amazing team, get experience with Web3, and dive deep into the worlds of crypto and blockchain on a real-world platform with real users and grow into a CTO role.
- Work with our Head of Product and lead the technology team to make sure features and fixes are shipped on time to meet the business’ objectives.
- Create processes and develop a culture amongst the technology team to reinforce the values of excellence, responsibility, and collaboration.
- Develop technical specifications, deadlines and technical requirements for new features and initiatives in coordination with the Head of Product.
- Recruit new developers to the team and retain the current high performers.
- Perform frequent code reviews to ensure quality before code is shipped.
- Contribute to thorough technical documentation.
- Directly contribute to the code-base when necessary to meet deadlines.
- Debug and troubleshoot issues.
- 2+ years leading teams of 5-15 developers
- 3+ years of working on complex web applications in the fintech, HR-tech, payments, or blockchain industries
- 7+ years of software development and engineering experience
- Strong familiarity with Python, Go, or another popular language
- Experience building applications that use microservices and cloud-based infrastructure
- Familiarity with popular CI and deployment tools
- Passion for the “future of work”
- Self-motivated and comfortable working with remote-first teams
- Commitment to the Web3 ethos
- Willing to travel to sunny Denver, CO at least quarterly (post COVID-19)
Not required, but awesome if you do!
- Passionate about DAOs & innovative complex organizing systems.
- Experience with coding Solidity or Vyper.
- Strong experience with Go, GraphQL, or Python
- Experience with Kubernetes
Languages & Platforms
- Python & Django