Lead Engineering Steward
The future of work is moving back to the “Solopreneur” and the current infrastructure of corporate-based employment does not support this truth. As a next-generation employment ecosystem for the independent worker, the Opolis Employment Commons is a cooperative where freelancers, creatives, consultants and gig workers can come together to access payroll, benefits & shared services which make independent life a lot more manageable. Read more at Opolis.co.
As part of a “Communities funding Communities” campaign, Opolis recently completed a capital raise of $5M from strategic partners, DeFi projects, prominent DAOs and high net worth individuals from the blockchain & HR Tech spaces.
Opolis, a Digital Employment Cooperative, looking to enhance our core Stewardship team with a full-time Lead Engineering Steward. We are looking for a proven technical leader who is also ready to roll up their sleeves and get into the code with the development team.
Strategic thinking and a deep understanding of how to successfully lead a growing engineering team and implement best-practices is essential. Excellent communications and developer relations are also key to success at our stage.
- Work with our Product and Technology Steward to lead the development team and ship product updates and features on-time.
- Create best practices for code cleanliness, common code patterns, and QA testing.
- Extend and improve the efficiency of our core payroll and benefits functionality (Python) with test-driven development.
- Lead the refactoring of our code-base to set the foundation for a scalable platform capable of handling high traffic.
- Implement a move towards more decentralized data storage solutions and
- Leverage proven encryption libraries for sensitive data.
- Experience building complex applications in Python and Django.
- Experience in API/SDK development & integrations – REST or GraphQL.
- Experience with cloud-based servers like Heroku or AWS.
- Experience designing and maintaining enterprise-level database schemas.
- Strong familiarity with popular CI and deployment tools.
Non-Technical Role Requirements
- Demonstrated experience leading small to medium development teams.
- Passion for the “future of work.”
- Demonstrable experience as a technology leader.
- Self-motivated and ready for hands on with the development team.
- Commitment to the Web3 ethos.
- Willing to travel to sunny Denver, CO at least quarterly (post COVID-19).
- Willing to travel for blockchain and development conferences as needed (post COVID-19).
Not required, but awesome if you do!
- Experience with DAOs.
- Passionate about DAOs & innovative complex organizing systems
- Experience with coding Solidity or Vyper
- Experience building with Web3.js or Web3.py
- Experience with GraphQL, and, specifically, The Graph protocol
- Comprehensive understanding of blockchain governance, token economics and game theory
- Experience designing or constructing distributed protocols
- Experience operating full blockchain nodes and wallets
- Developed secure Ethereum smart contracts
Languages & Platforms
- Python & Django
- CSS (some & bonus points if using Tailwind framework)
- Ethereum and Smart Contracts (some)